Gary Vee - Insecure/Bad Message? - Business News Live

Latest headlines and articles for business news, finance news, investing and entrepreneurship around the world.

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Gary Vee - Insecure/Bad Message?

Hey everyone, hope you're having a good day.

I stumbled across a YouTuber/Motivational Speaker a few months who is an entrepreneur who owns a marketing company I believe.

This guy has blown up I see his videos always recommended to me, I see friends on instagram loving his stuff. He preaches in a very aggressive way this lifestyle of "sleeping on the floor for 10 years" and working 18 hours a day. He says he spend all of his 20's working and never had any fun or any days off. I do like some of his messages and I think it has some benefit to young people, however the problem I see is that he seems very upset at any means of leisure and fun in life. I think this is a very bad and destructive mindset to have. By no means do I mean you should party everyday but hey once a week going out with friends and enjoying life is actually BENEFICIAL to someone. You shouldn't work 18 hours a day, you should work however much you can handle. Judging by the aggressive way that he talks in his videos it actually seems like he regrets not having some fun and he actually mentioned this in one of his videos (don't know the name, but I would like it). I actually saw someone made a youtube video pointed out something similar to me about Gary and working so hard each day actually results in misery in a person's life. And I think that a very large percentage of people who work extreme hours deal with depression/misery in their life and this is like a productive escape for them. Everyone has a purpose in what they do and I personally think Gary is an insecure person who tries to frame himself as a person preaching an incredible message when he mentions multiple he wants millions of people to show up at his funeral? Personally that rubs me the wrong way and sounds selfish. And all in all he preaches a pretty generic and obvious message that people for some reason love.

The reason i'm writing this is that as an entrepreneur you need balance. Because at the end of the day we're all human and you don't know when your last day on earth is. Our goal is to be happy so please don't believe that punishing yourself everyday for years and years is something that is glamorous. Work outside of your comfort zone and slowly increase your productivity by being the best version of yourself in all areas of your life. Having a healthy body, mind, good friends, and good partner along with some financial freedom is the best possible thing you can achieve. Please feel free to share your opinions as I think this is an important reminder some people might need.

Peace :)

submitted by /u/mikeybabyyyy
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur https://ift.tt/2qBw9BS

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages