Question on why a former business partner is doing this. - Business News Live

Latest headlines and articles for business news, finance news, investing and entrepreneurship around the world.

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Question on why a former business partner is doing this.

Hello. I've got this former business partner who I have a non-compete with that's good for another 1.5 years. I know she's violated this non compete by doing consulting work for one of her former associates. I will have proof of this very soon and sue her when the time comes. In the meantime, she thinks she is very sneaky with her prodding questions and other bullshit games. What I want to know is what her angle is and that's where you guys come in. I'd like just a brainstorm of ideas on why someone would possibly do this:

She's been asking about my enrollment situation for my daycare. Consistently. She was also really mad that I expanded my capacity recently.

The consulting work she's doing is helping her former associate open up a similar facility somewhere in the city. Could be in my turf, could be somewhere else. I know she's up to something because she refused to put in writing/sign a few months ago stating to stay out of my area with her consulting client. She gave me some bullshit story about how I need to start trusting people and how I need to trust her. I dropped it because I wasn't going to get anything signed and I could gain more by pretending to believe her bs. The reason I don't just cut all ties is because she's still useful in certain ways and I don't want her to start badmouthing my business.

Ok so again why is she asking for my enrollment again and again? What's the angle here? (For the record my enrollment is below capacity right now and has been for a while and she knows this)

(If my capacity is not filled why would she tell someone else to set up shop in a low demand area? Things just don't make sense no matter how long I think about it.)

submitted by /u/h1448838
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur https://ift.tt/2SYINb2

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages