I run a Greek Licensed LLC meaning I create my own designs, submit them to Affinity Consultants for approval, and pay royalties on the items that I sell. I cannot sell anything that has not been Greek Licensed.
Occasionally people want to purchase bulk orders from me, which is fine as long as they are keeping the items within their Greek organization's chapter (for example, 90 brothers of a frat want an item so I'll give them a quantity discount on the 90 items). However, I'm starting to get messages asking if I can cut people a bulk discount so that they can resell my items. I'm not cool with this, 1) because technically they should at least own a business to be selling items like mine and 2) it takes advantage of the insurance policies I pay, the royalties to the trademark owner I pay, and the approval process which all costs me money.
How can I enforce that people who do place bulk orders aren't using the bulk discount to resell? Bulk orders earn me a significant amount of money, so I don't want to stop doing them, but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.
Can I put a sticker on each item that says "For personal use only - not labeled or intended for resale"? or something similar? Or say "Due to trademark licensing agreements, this item may not be resold except by legally authorized resellers"?
I know it's technically legal to resell whatever you want, but I want to avoid this as much as possible especially when someone requires a license to sell the merchandise my company produces and sells.
[link] [comments]
from Entrepreneur https://ift.tt/2qygWBp